Thursday, May 7, 2009

Dovetail

My boyfriend took me to Dovetail for my birthday a few weeks ago. It was a complete surprise and he wouldn't tell me where we were going until just a few hours before dinner. Very risky as the past few restaurants he’s chosen have all been FAILURES hehe. Lo and behold he had a table for two at one of the 2009 top dinning destinations according to New York Magazine’s Adam Platt!

Even with rezzies we had to wait over an hour. We almost left (the UWS Shake Shack was right next door) but I’m so glad we stayed! We started off with the fluke ceviche that came with pears, lime, and tomatillos, and they served us warm mini-loaves of cornbread, which my boyfriend inhaled. I ordered the Pistachio Crusted Duck with endive, dates, and apples (though I could barely taste the apples), and my boyfriend ordered the Buffalo with salsify, brussels sprouts, and spicy parsnips.

I have to say the best part of the meal, was the dessert which came compliments of the chef (probably because it took us for-ever to be seated). Brioche Bread Pudding with bananas and bacon brittle, topped with rum ice cream! Whoever thought of adding bacon to a dessert, is genius just genius!

Sorry I don't have any pictures of the food :(

***Dovetail: 103 W. 77th St., New York, NY 10024 nr. Columbus Ave.
http://www.dovetailnyc.com/

- Picture courtesy of New York Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment