Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The Smith & Sundaes and Cones

Went to The Smith in the East Village with my gay-bestfriend-who's-not-gay after work a few weeks ago. The food wasn’t too memorable but I hear they're big on brunch. I want to go back and try the Chicken Sausage + Eggs on a spicy corn bread, with black pepper gravy. Drool.

The Steak Salad with Goat Cheese
And the Orecchiette with chicken sausage, broccoli, and hot chiles

*** The Smith: 55 Third Ave., New York, NY 10003 nr. 11th St. http://www.ctrnyc.com/THESMITH/index.html

Afterwards I took him across the street to one of my favorite ice cream spots - Sundaes and Cones. They have the best homemade ice cream with flavors you won't find anywhere else.

They range from the classics of Vanilla and Chocolate to Wasabi, Ginger, Corn, Tiramisu and Black. My personal favorite? The Banana or Taro!

***Sundaes and Cones: 95 E 10th St., New York, NY 10003 nr. Third Ave.
http://www.sundaescones.com/home.htm

- Pictures courtesy of Hong Choi

No comments:

Post a Comment