Wednesday, October 14, 2009

OMG DBGB

Stepped out of a cab on the corner of Bowery and Houston and spotted Georgina Sparks! For those of you non-Gossip Girl viewers (you're totally missing out), Michelle Trachtenberg.

Still excited over my celebrity-sighting (I know, I’m a New Yorker, we’re supposed to keep it cool) we headed to DBGB. Can we say the best-burger-I’ve-had-in-a-restaurant-on-the-East-Coast-ever? I’m only saying that to cover my bases since Shake Shack and In-n-Out are technically fast-food joints, and Father’s Office is all the way over in LaLa Land.

We ordered the Yankee with Vermont cheese (no bacon)...
... and the Piggie topped with pulled pork from Daisy May's on a cheddar-cornbread bun.
Tried to work the camera to find just the right lighting, but after several takes, our impatient selves couldn't wait any longer to try the food! We stopped fidgeting with the settings and dove in.

Topped off our meal with a coffee-caramel sundae. I’m pretty sure this replaces Momofuku Ssam Bar as my boyfriend’s new favorite restaurant. Sorry David Chang!

The New York Times also just published a review today.

***DBGB Kitchen & Bar: 299 Bowery St. New York, NY 10003 nr. 1st St.

http://www.danielnyc.com/dbgb.html

1 comment:

  1. These burgers look amazing. I'm definitely going to check out DBGB now. Thanks for the recommendations!

    ReplyDelete