Monday, October 19, 2009

Zucchini Pancakes

So loving zucchini right now. Just the other day I made a zucchini frittata topped with tomatoes and white cheddar cheese for brunch.

And with the leftover veggie, fruit, flower, whatever it is classified as, I decided to make a Korean zucchini pancake (ho bak jun) as a side dish (ban chan).

Ingredients:
- 1 medium-sized zucchini
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 2 eggs
- Pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil

First, slice the zucchini about 1/4 inch thick.
Then coat it lightly in flour. I had organic Korean pancake mix (bu cheem gah ruh) on hand, and used that instead.
Crack open the eggs, add a pinch of salt and lightly beat together. Then take the flour covered zucchini and dip it well into the egg mixture.
Heat up your frying pan, add a touch of olive oil and pan-fry for a few minutes on each side.
Once it starts to turn a nice golden brown, you are ready to plate and serve!

2 comments:

  1. Right, I'm coming for dinner and don't bother trying to stop me for I've made up my mind. All kidding aside it's a brilliant blog and a passion well expressed. Thanks for sharing.
    All the very best,
    Simone

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks delicious!!
    yummy yummy~~
    thank you for giving me a tip!!
    i think good for health too!!
    sunny

    ReplyDelete